Capital Campaign Q & A - April 29, 2012
We were very pleased with the number of people who attended the Informational Meeting and those who brought forward the following questions, concerns and suggestions. We hope that you gained more knowledge regarding the plans for the expansion of the Sanctuary and the remodeling of the Education building. We will have 2 more Informational Meetings following the Worship Services on June 24th and July 22nd.
The following items are suggestions, concerns or questions raised with response or plan of action.
- Dishwasher – can we get a commercial dishwasher for new kitchen so we aren’t a throw-away church?
Answer: This will be turned over to the Building Committee to consider for the new kitchen. We are also using the last of the Styrofoam products and will now use recyclable paper
- Stain Glass windows – can we use the stain glass windows in storage?
Answer: This will be turned over to the Building Committee for their consideration when working with the architect on the design of the new building.
Parking and Traffic Flow:
- Fellowship after 8:00 service – how will parking work if people stay for fellowship and people are coming for 9:00 Worship Service?
Could we begin Fellowship at 7:30 a.m.?
Could we begin 1st Worship service at 7:45?
Could we have 2 Worship Services – 8:15 and 10:00?
Answer: We acknowledge all concerns and suggestion and are looking at options to best facilitate all items listed.
4. Education Building Back Door – could we put a “curve-in” pick up space in parking lot by Education Building
so people picking up kids can get out of main traffic pattern?
Answer: This will be brought to the Building Committee’s attention to see if it is a feasible option.
5. Traffic Flow – how will traffic flow around the church and out of the church parking lot?
Answer: We will start trying out different traffic flow patterns in the near future to figure out the best flow and
to show neighbors we are serious about improving parking and traffic flow.
6. Wetland Parking Lot – Could we expand the Parking Lot in the area across Waconia Parkway that is owned by
Answer: This will be brought to the Building Committee’s attention to access the possibilities.
7. Water run-off area behind Education Building – could we put more parking spaces there?
Answer: We would need to address this with the City.
8. How many more classrooms will there be? We currently have 12 classrooms and 1 Youth room.
Answer: The current plan has 21 classrooms. The original plan was 18.
9. Sunday School times offered at 9:00 and 10:30. Will we limit the number of kids at each time slot to even out
Answer: Yes, 9:00 is almost full. 10:30 has 21 families signed up so far.
10. Education building – did we budget for more than just paint and carpeting or are we able to repair or replace items such as cabinets, fixtures, etc.?
Answer: The Building Committee is looking at many renovations to this building which
include paint, carpeting, window, etc.
11. How much money does each family need to contribute to this Campaign to make it successful?
Answer: Each family is asked to give a sacrificial gift to the best of their ability – “Not equal gifts but equal sacrifice” by all members will lead us to a successful campaign.
12. Is the committee concerned about giving being down as stated in a recent letter to members?
Answer: We have a history of peaks and valleys in our revenues throughout the year, but in the past few
years we have been able to meet the financial needs of Faith Lutheran.
13. Bike Rack – can we get a bike rack?
Answer: There is a bike rack outside the front entrance of the Education Building.
14. Pastor Brandy’s bookshelf
Don Check offered to disassemble and move to her new office.
Further questions and suggestions can be e-mailed to BuildingFaith@rocketmail.com The Capital Campaign committee members will respond to your e-mail.
Ron Christenson, Chuck Dueber, Ross Hanson, Karen Kirby, Tami Rogers, Steve Smith and Marcia Willmsen